the thumbsup process
We have stringent guidelines to make sure that our food:
- Is safe to eat
- Is produced in an environmentally sustainable manner
- Is priced so that farmers receive a fair and equitable wage to support their family
- Is produced so that animals are treated with respect and dignity
- Utilizes the smallest amount of fossil fuel during production as possible
To accomplish this, we created the ThumbsUpTM process. This involves:
- Regularly performing animal welfare audits and working directly with the farmers.
- Ensuring their product is being made responsibly, helping them to make adjustments to production if necessary.
- Testing products to ensure that they are safe and clean. Eating it! You never know if something tastes good until you taste it.
- Setting a schedule of distribution ensuring efficient use of our trucks and the quickest distribution of perishables.
- Working long hours when the food is in season.
- Soliciting feed back from you, the customer.
- Educating the customer about our process and the food.