About our animals
• We don’t use artificial growth hormones or pesticides on our farms.
• Our cows are pasture fed in the summer and fed a grass hay based diet in the winter.
• Our animals have free access to the outside year round, except when temperatures are below 20˚F.
• We source our Jersey milk from small herds (less than 70 cows) located less than 5 miles from our creamery.
• We perform regular animal welfare audits and herd health audits to review animal practices.
• Our farmers receive a premium for production.
• A premium allows small farm operations to be viable, while also allowing for a comfortable standard of living.
• Our water buffalo herd is cared for less than 100 feet from the creamery.